WELCOME TO BETHANY CLASS
The teacher is Miss Koutsoumanis, supported by teaching assistant Mrs Van Dooren.
Our topic this term is the Europe.
|Topic||The Romans (History)||Europe (Geography)||The Mayans (History)|
Giving and Receiving
|Science||Sound||States of Matter
|All Living Things
Animals including Humans
Swimming and PE days
PE days are Wednesdays & Thursdays. Please ensure that your child has their full PE kit in school. All kits should be clearly labelled.
Swimming takes place on Thursdays during Autumn during and up to Spring half term. Children will need a towel, costume and a swimming hat.
All school uniform must be clearly labelled.
BOYS: grey trousers or shorts, blue polo shirt, maroon sweatshirt or jumper, grey or black socks & school shoes.
GIRLS: Grey pinafore, skirt or trousers, blue polo shirt; maroon cardigan or sweatshirt, white socks or grey tights blue/white check summer dress & shoe shoes.
No jewellery or watches. Stud earrings may be worn but need to be removed or covered for PE lessons.
Children with long hair should have their hair tied back.
What should your child bring to school each day?
- Outdoor weather gear: Children need a waterproof coat with a hood every day. They may also bring in waterproof trousers and welly boots.
- Medium sized bag with reading books, reading record book, lunch.
- Water bottle (brought in clean on Monday and taken home on Friday). Please label the bottle AND the lid.
- Small pencil case (that can fit into their trays) with HB pencils, a pencil sharpener, a short ruler, a eraser and a whiteboard pen. All items including the pencil case should be clearly labelled.
- Children may want to bring a pritt stick, a highlighter and some colouring pencils (max 12).
Homework is set on Thursdays and due in on Wednesdays.
This is a useful website that outlines areas of the KS2 curriculum (ages 7-11): https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
We encourage the children to read 5 times a night and record their reading in their reading records (due in on Tuesdays). At this age, reading comprehension is extremely important and regular discussions and questions about what they are reading is vital.
Recommended Reading List for Year 4
- Spelling (Test on Friday)– words to learn and use of spelling rules or patterns.
- Times tables (Test on Friday): Children should be able to recall multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 × 12 by the end of year 4.
- Spelling or Grammar task.
- Maths task.